Community Contribution Policy (Microsoft Word,
Community Investment Application (Microsoft Word,
At MARSHALLTOWN, we approach community investment as an opportunity to use our
resources to enhance the quality of life in Marshalltown.
MARSHALLTOWN’s Community Contribution Program provides direct contributions to
select charitable organizations that make a difference in the lives of people in
our community, with particular emphasis on supporting organizations that help
people access resources that improve and enrich their lives. Some of our current
- Arts & Culture
- Community Improvement and Investment
- Social Service Organizations
Funding assistance from MARSHALLTOWN may include any of the following:
- Donations: a gift-in-kind or cash donation;
- Employee Volunteerism: support to employees as they volunteer in the
- Sponsorships: sponsored events in the Marshalltown community.
To ensure optimum social return on MARSHALLTOWN’s Community Contribution
Program, all funding requests will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate general support in the community.
- Demonstrate a significant and unique contribution to community life.
- Demonstrate clearly defined and measurable goals and objectives.
- Provide services and activities without regard to race, religion, creed, sex
or sexual orientation.
- Benefits the Marshalltown community.
- Be a registered charitable organizational.
Ineligible Organizations and Projects
Requests from the following types of organizations will not be considered:
- Religious or sectarian organizations (except where they represent
non-denominational community and social support services)
- Political organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Service clubs and fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers or professional solicitors
MARSHALLTOWN does not support the following ventures:
- Debt-reduction campaigns
- Goodwill advertising
- Travel, accommodation, meal expenses, field trips and tours
- Beauty pageants or wilderness adventure activities
- Retroactive requests
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
All applicants must complete a Community Investment Program Application Form to
be considered for funding. Completed forms can be sent directly to our office by
mail or fax at:
c/o Community Contribution Committee
104 S. 8th Avenue
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Applications will be considered by MARSHALLTOWN’s Community Contribution
Committee. Each application is reviewed on its individual merit for clarity,
completeness and need. Selected applicants will be given an opportunity to make
a 10-minute presentation to the Community Contribution Committee for funding
consideration. A Committee member will contact you to arrange a presentation at
our Marshalltown office.
Funding decisions are made within 90 days of receiving your completed
application. Due to the volume of applications we receive, MARSHALLTOWN will
respond only to organizations approved for funding. You will be contacted by a
member of the Committee if your application has been approved.
Note: MARSHALLTOWN will accept one application per organization each calendar
year. Funding in any given year does not guarantee funding in subsequent years.
Our guidelines and community contribution budget are reviewed regularly and are
subject to change.
If your application is approved for funding, MARSHALLTOWN may request that you
provide a brief summary outlining how your contribution has helped benefit your
organization and our community. Your evaluation may include:
- A brief summary outlining progress toward your objectives, funds raised and
- Copies of any publicity and media material regarding MARSHALLTOWN’s
contribution to your organization;
- Photograph(s) along with written permission authorizing MARSHALLTOWN to use
your summary and photos in MARSHALLTOWN communications materials, i.e. web site,
printed and/or electronic literature.